Saturday, January 13, 2007

Brooks Covers Bass Days while Zach Takes the Day Off to Work

Today was a very special day, we entered the next phase of our little project here in sunny florida. No, we arent making a nuclear bomb, but you see its a record we are creating this month.

Zach started laying down some really low frequencies today, thats bass for the lamens. Along with Phils drums, it sounds incredible! We are considering kicking Tyson out of the band and just doing the drum/bass/dork thing on the road, Im not sure what role I would be playing in that one.

Tyson was steady warcrafting all day, with the occasional break to eat or bother me.


You may also notice that zach is working on his pirate's gotee, along with chris' soul patch.......this is a record full of facial hair masterpieces.
One of the studio cats attacked me today, I think she thought I had a hedgehog on my face. She was probably just trying to do me a favor.

Speaking of.... Thank you everyone who has rooted me on in my pursuit of the perfect beard. Its not been easy, but with the support of friends like you, I could go all the way.

And for those that don't like it and think I look like Charlie Manson, Im sorry.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Charlie Manson comparison!It's simply incredible...keep on keepin' on Brooks!

D said...

What's with the PC laptop? You guys are supposed to be pro musicians! Those should all be Macs. Haven't you seen video footage of bands like Switchfoot? They all have Macs, they're like walking Apple commercials. You guys wanna get successful? Pick yourself up some MacBooks!

(I'm largely kidding... but not entirely...)

Anonymous said...

haha.
love the cat.
and i bet it was just looking out for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...lolz. Sounds fun, i'm jealous! Hope ya'll have a good one.


xoxo Christina

Anonymous said...

hah, nice.
I love you guys.
:D

Anonymous said...

haha lovin the beard [:

keep rockin out

-chey =]

Anonymous said...

sorry zach, but if brooks shaves i will quit listening to sullivan. i mean a jesus beard and a pony tail? honestly, how can that not be awesome. oh and good to hear about the progress with the record :]

Anonymous said...

you are awesome

Anonymous said...

thats so awesome u guys rock

Anonymous said...

i would like to have your children sullivan

Mr. Man

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

yes, you do look like charlie,......... scary :(
hey, what's with the fluffy cat?

Dopp238 said...

I think this is really awesome. I've never seen a band have a blog about recording their new album. I'm stoked to hear the new album. And you totally look like charles manson.

much love

Forgotten Legacy said...

I vote that the facial hair STAYS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just throw all your dang work away, no ones going to buy your cd anyway. It's the sullibread way!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! T Nasty fo sho fo sho

Anonymous said...

dear lord brooks, you look exactly like charles manson in that picture

Anonymous said...

Wow, the wonders that one beholds in the bowls of a music studio... it's sorta like a dungeon... but with a Nintendo!
Oh, yes, and I give much love to Matt and Sullivan but a little more to Matt. *thumbsup*

Annie Get Your Gun! said...

ok...you guys kill me! I love this!