Friday, January 5, 2007

Our New Gold Record

Ok, so it isn't our gold record. It's Chris Carrabba's and James Wisner's but who cares. We're using it for now until we get our own. Here is a disappointing fact about gold records, you can't actually take them out and play them. It's not a real record. You would think that they could at the very least do that for you if you can sell a half a million records. On the bright side, a gold record is way more appealing than than a gold cassette tape.

Brooks has been reading all the messages asking him to shave his beard. Keep the Myspace messages, e-mails and comments coming because right now they are falling upon deaf ears. Brooks is staying as far away from a razor as he can at the moment.

A lot of people were interested in the studio cats. I couldn't find the others today to show them to you, but I did find their food under Phil's drum set, which if you ask me, is a very strange place for a cat to eat.

Since Brooks is growing a gerbil on his chin, I've decided to start wearing this hat that his mother gave him for Christmas. It doesn't seem to have an affect on his beard but it does make my ears too hot and generally makes me look silly.

Speaking of looking silly, Phil is still recording drums. He's been working hard and getting huge blisters on his hand. I just asked Phil if he had anything to say here on the blog and got this:
"Don't be a menace to South Central... No not really. Well, you can say that if you want to, I don't care."
Words spoken from the heart.

So let me introduce you to Chris, our producer's assistant who has been helping with tracking for the last few days.

ME: "Hey Chris, you ready to be on the internet?"

*CAMERA FLASH*

CHRIS: "Huh? Oh, that's a bright flash."




And there you have it. Internet history.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha; studio cats.

Anonymous said...

you guys AMAZE me.

Anonymous said...

Just wait till I come down in a few weeks. You all better be ready for some sweet ass pics (or at least I hope so). Wait did Brooks tell you all that I am going to be down a few times?????

Anonymous said...

I like the beard.

D said...

Sweet, can't wait for the new record. I love your guy's stuff. I actually put How I Remember You, on a CD I'm burning for a friend. He asked me what sort of music I listen to, and I was like... a lot of different types. I figured I had to have at least one song by you guys on to show him the range of my tastes heh.

Jingying said...

we'll be looking forward to more updates!

love,
Indiependentmusic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beards are nice for awhile. I don't think it should be a permanent attachment to Brooks' face though.

Anonymous said...

this is good stuff.
and don't worry...we'll get you a gold record.

Anonymous said...

hmm . well i dont think that beard shoudl be shaved off. its fine and dandy just where it is. lots of people (including me ) would love to be able to grow a beard like that. even if i am a girl. ok now i have lost my train of thought. ( it gets away really fast) . right so nobody is going to read this but bye anyhow. God bless

Anonymous said...

heehee. you guys are SO CUTE. *giggles* i know you guys love to hear us girls giggle about you.

Anonymous said...

i think the whole grizzly adams look is A-okay.....

wrestling_angels said...

Rhonda says that his face isnt kissably soft with the whiska's. Somehow I find this statement a bit of an oxymoron being that she tends to attack me whenever I display the slightest of facial scrub. She says that its really HOT!(oops I think I owe Paris something) Anyway do or do not Rhonda will always have an opinion, even if it clashes with previous opinions. P.S. Rhonda says that she loves Brookes anyway.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! I love the "growing a gerbil on his chin." Comment! HAHAHA!!! I love these! Keep making them interesting, and I think that the hat will affect Brooks one fine day & the razor shall be wielded! ;P~Sarah Sullivan fan 4ever!

Anonymous said...

hey
cool website, its really rad.
okay, my bands frontman just left, so if you know anyone in close proximity to augusta, GA, please say so.
and
my cousin and i went to a show around thanksgiving with you and showbread and tyler read.
i think it was you guys who got pictures of our rad shirts.
itd be kinda fly if you could get em to me.
tks.
www.myspace.com/failingbuchanan